Tatts is licensed to sell lottery products including Saturday Lotto, Super 66, Monday & Wednesday Lotto, Oz Lotto, The Pools, and Powerball in all states of Australia excluding Western Australia which is still a government owned and operated lottery. Tatts also offer Instant Scratch-it tickets in all states except for Western Australia with Tatts recently announcing that it now will also be selling Instant Scratch-it tickets in Victoria from February 2015.
In 2016 Tatts Group developed a unified master brand for its lotteries division. The new brand is called the Lott. The Lott operates as a channel master brand for the lottery in each jurisdiction including Golden Casket, NSW Lotteries, Tatts, SA Lotteries and Tatts NT. The Lott operates and markets Australia’s leading lottery games that customers know and love including Saturday Lotto, Monday and Wednesday Lotto, Powerball, Oz Lotto, Set for Life, Lucky Lotteries, The Pools and Instant Scratch-Its.
Some highlights of the Lotteries division include:
- Approximately 48% of the Australian adult population playing a lotto game in the past 12 months
- Only lottery operator worldwide to develop its own lottery operating system in-house
- 2.0 million player card members at 31 December 2016
- 2.3 million players registered on tatts.com
- Approximately 3,900 retail outlets
- Online sales represent 13.5% of all lottery sales
- Tatts Group ranked as the 11th largest lottery operator world-wide
Our Wagering division, UBET, owns the statewide Totalisator Agency Board (TAB) agencies in Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory. We provide wagering on thoroughbred racing, harness racing and greyhound racing, as well as major local and international sports events through our network of retail agencies, telephone call centre, on-course betting facilities and our online sales channel.
UBET is Australia’s premier provider of pari-mutuel (or totalisator) and fixed price betting. Borne out of the TAB, UBET is a wholly owned and backed subsidiary of Tatts Group. With Australia’s largest wagering retail footprint, the UBET retail network consists of more than 1,400 standalone, Pub, Club and on-course retail outlets. It also has more than 500,000 digital account holders across the country.
We also operate one of the largest radio stations (based on area covered) in Australia.
Some highlights of our Wagering division include:
- More than 1,400 retail outlets in Australia (larger retail network than McDonalds)
- Our wagering online sales represent 31.0% of all wagering sales
- Developed and rolling-out a new best of breed self-service terminal (SST) with cash handling capabilities
- Over 391,000 unique devices now operating with Tatts App installed
- First tote operator to offer 24/7 betting in Australia
- First tote operator to offer voice recognition software for our call centre
Our Gaming Solutions business, MAX, is made up of two separate reporting units, namely, MAX and MAXtech. MAX (previously known as Maxgaming) is the Group’s gaming venue services division. This business is founded upon the provision of government mandated electronic monitoring systems to gaming machine venues in New South Wales, Queensland and the Northern Territory. The operation leverages this network and the associated infrastructure to provide additional value-adding services to its contracted venues.
MAXtech (previously known as Bytecraft) is the Group’s in-house maintenance provider and Australia’s largest independent 24/7 service provider. They are a diverse technology and logistics based service provider that specialises in the provision of fully managed, end-to-end technical support services in the gaming, wagering, lottery, retail, information technology and banking sectors.
WHY INVEST IN US?
Tatts Group has a simple business strategy – to be the best global lottery and wagering operator. This strategy can be defined on the following levels:
- Long-term licences
- Brands and Products
- Customer Retail experience
- Customer Online experience
- Returns to our shareholders
LONG TERM LICENCES
Our acquisition strategy has always been consistent – acquire long term, value accretive lotteries and wagering businesses. Our acquisition success story has been: